*******

Pursuing Answers to Questions of Faith & Life

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Did I write this... I could have

Dear God,

So far today I've done all right. I haven't gossiped, I haven't lost my temper, I haven't been greed, grumpy, nasty, selfish or over-indulgent. I'm very thankful for that. But in a few minutes, God, I'm going to get out of bed, and from then on, I'm probably going to need a lot of help.

Amen

This morning my alarm went off at 6 AM. Of course, for some reason I was waking up at 1 AM, 2 AM, 3 AM and 5 AM and actually, just a few minutes before the alarm went off. There was no burden that I could sense, just a sense that I didn't want to oversleep and be in a big hurry.

There have been a few times when God has awakened me with a burden to pray for something or someone--most of the time, I think I miss it because I want to get back to sleep. Do you have any accounts of God waking you in the middle of the night? What was it? Did you ever hear any confirmation or resolution?

Pursuing Answers to Questions of Faith & Life,

Kelly

No comments: