*******

Pursuing Answers to Questions of Faith & Life

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Prayers for OK, but humor before the storms

I woke up this morning to the news from Oklahoma and Texas of the deadly tornadoes. My family and I are certainly praying for those who have lost their homes and the family of those who were killed.

I also wanted to share something I stumbled upon yesterday before the storms as I was preparing for my Intro. To World Religions class for Tuesday night. Since we were covering Judaism and the 10 Commandments I found an article detailing how the OK State Legislature is discussing adding a monument to the state grounds.

The link can be found here:


We had a good discussion in class about the merits, legalities, appropriateness of this type of religious display on state property and briefly on the concept of separation of church and state.

However, even in this serious discussion the true insecurity and jealousy of Oklahoma's fine citizens for the great state of Texas cannot be hidden. I believe it must be something that plagues the Sooners continually, especially in light of the past football season.

For in trying to maintain the constitutionality of the monument state representatives desire to "recreate the Texas monument,". Which is fine, but then another representative goes on to say:



"Is it possible we could make it a lot bigger than Texas'?" said Rep. Mike Christian, R-Oklahoma City.

Now that is telling!

Prayers and Go Horns!



Hey, couldn't that OU logo be a little bigger than the Longhorn logo?

TX-45 - 35-OU Hey, couldn't that OU score be just a little bigger than Texas'?

58–40–5 Hey couldn't OU have just a few more wins than Texas?

I'm sure I could go on in many ways!

Instead, continued prayers.

No comments: