*******

Pursuing Answers to Questions of Faith & Life

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Spiritual Attack after SBC Convention--part 2

Spritual attack after SBC Convention—part 2

It’s been over 10 years since I’ve faced the kind of direct attack mentioned in the previous post. I’ve wondered over those years what changed that I no longer received them. From 1991-1996 they only came while on the campus of the University of Texas at Austin; nowhere else. Was it just a matter of location? Was I on the front lines in Austin, but not in Ft. Worth at seminary or in the other ministries my wife and I were involved in?

Had I removed myself from the front lines? Was I not having significant impact for the Kingdom of God? Did Satan not think of me as a factor anymore thus leaving me alone? Was I falling for Satan’s deceptions and discouragements? I wondered those over the years.

I still don’t have good answers for those questions. I’m also wondering, what has changed to bring it back now? Why would this happen after so long? Is this going to be an isolated incident or will it be a recurring event?

Another set of questions: what does Satan hope to accomplish in this attack? Intimidation? Fear?

How would you answer those previous questions? Do you have any insights into what may have changed to bring it about just after the SBC convention?


Pursuing Him,

Kelly

Oh, and just so you know... nothing has happened since.

No comments: