*******

Pursuing Answers to Questions of Faith & Life

Monday, February 12, 2007

Vince Young

If I haven’t mentioned it already, I’m a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin and therefore a huge Longhorn fan. I was a member of the Longhorn Band for 5 years and got a nice set of longhorns which now hang in my office (banished there b/c my wife doesn't want them in the house, but that's another story). As a result, I’ve been keeping up with the Horns for a number of years.

One of the greatest Horns in recent memory is Vince Young, now QB for the Tennessee Titans. He just became the first rookie to play QB in the Pro Bowl in Hawaii.



Many times, you hear about the premadonna nature of athletes, but I wanted to share a Vince Young article that highlights his taking care of his family. Read the article here.

It is a powerful testimony of a young man willing to be a man even when he had little example of it growing up.

1 comment:

Kevin Bussey said...

cool story.